Friday, 5 August 2011

Lets talk Paxil Progress






Paxil Progress is an online SSRI forum, weighted toward (naturally, it's in the name) global Paxil users, pioneering in it's introduction and educational style. After all, huge numbers of users, are actually unaware of why they feel the way they do. PP tells our story as it is, clearly voicing the fact, we are all victims of a crime, which has been described as "the new Thalidomide".
Without shadow of doubt, it's fame, was built, by originator and founder, Darcy Baston, who quite literally, created an online hub, where, global Paxil users, could visit, for advice, comfort and general support. Many users are still totally unaware of why the feel the way they do, PP became a source of massive comfort to those, who naturally felt confused and, in many cases, at the end of their tether.
In addition, it was down to our community, to take control, especially with the formation of accepted, safe withdrawal techniques. In this respect, where there was inconsistency and danger ie generic GP advice, we were able to spread the word, through online portals, such as PP.
All PP stood for ie it's style, user empathy and sympathetic ear and incredible Paxil understanding, WAS down, to Darcy Baston. His intellect, and ability, to express information, where none existed, was critical in saving thousands from the abyss. One element which became benchmarking, was his "Withdrawal Technique" analysis. This became the accepted method, in which, the vast majority of users adopt, in their attempts to withdraw from Paxil/ Seroxat.
Darcy, totally understood/ understands, how thie poison, morphs our persona. Where PP really worked, was it's "freedom of speech and sentiment", good, bad, anger, grief, abusive (within reason), argumentative, all aspects were critical to Paxil users in their use of PP, who feel the need to spout, passionately. Only users of the drug, will appreciate, that it is of maximum importance, to be able to communicate freely, how he or she feels..
No doubting, Darcy had his own journey and was totally successful in withdrawing from Paxil, his diary of events and, symptoms suffered, a complex, totally accurate journal, for others to study. His ability to utilise, his quite incredible brain, with a command of English vocabulary, is his legacy.
Only proper that, at a time of his choosing, he moved away from daily Paxil Progress dealings, after all, he had a life to re-discover. So, PP was handed over to a new Administrator, which slowly but surely, became the worst thing that could have happened to PP's membership, of global users. Gone, was a sympathetic empathy, gone was an intellect that embraced freedom of expression and gone, was a humble administrative helm, that supported so easily and aptly.
Darcy had his own reasons for appointing his successor, she herself brought anger against Paxil ie members of her family experiencing dreadful scenarios. Problem being though, she or as she will be named, for the purposes of this thread Beam Me Up, has absolutely no understanding of how it feels to take Paxil, she has never done..!! It became apparent from the outset, that normal user anger and frustration, was being met with an Administrator, who had issues, accepting how this all works, from an emotional perspective. So, dripping away in the background, was a total sea change in PP's style and approach..
Paxil Progress, became, as it is popularly known now, a convenient portal for one person, to live out, some form of underlying ego trip!!! Beam Me Up was and is, so unlike Darcy in her approach, it's almost as if PP's Administration, had morphed into the dark side of Paxil/ Seroxat!!!!
Beam Me Up's summary of her style, can be over viewed in the use of 3 simple words, "you are banned"!!! Never before, had Darcy felt the need to resort to disciplinary actions. Why? Because he understood how this all works. Quickly, PP's style started to de-generate, growing at a rate of knots. Angered Members, became aware of a need to comply, rather than express. Open, online criticism was dealt with, in growing consistent fashion ie blanket bannings!!!
Harshest of all, was a quite pathetic and alarming stance, where new members were concerned. Normally embraced and welcomed, under Darcy's stewardship, new users of PP, are questioned, undermined and, in some cases, patronised!!!
So, where is the site today? As long as you are prepared to use accepted vocabulary, agree that Beam Me Up is the global oracle of Paxil know how, then you will be fine!!! Problem being however, there are many now, who realise, that despite Paxil's worth ie generic information, it's a place where you are actually obliged, to give up, some of yourself at a time, when we are all trying to re-discover ourselves!!! All of this, as a result of one person's inability to cope with power!!!
Beam Me Up has changed PP from a healthy online portal, to one where rumour is rife, back stabbing flourishes and new members are met with some form of perverse vetting process. Many will no doubt, swear by it's worth, uneducated to it's autocratic, dictatorial regime. Individuality and freedom of true expression, are of such importance to our healing, that it seems folly, to follow such a flawed beast. Possibly too late, to alter what has become today's norm, on PP, but for those who remember how PP was, back in the day, it would be of massive assistance to the global Paxil community, if Beam Me Up, Beamed Herself Up!!!!

9 comments:

Angel said...

It took me only a few days at Paxilprogress to realize I have to watch what I say. I found a remedy that helped my withdrawals very much, and knew that I had to be careful sharing it. It's sad that I knew this. I was careful not to seem too forceful with it and overpost it.

Nevertheless, I was banned from there. If you look through the hundreds of pages there, you will not find but maybe 2 topics of people sharing a remedy that works for them. They get deleted, as my post was deleted.

I saw how people sharing their successes with remedies were attacked.

I couldn't agree with your blog more. The ego power trip is very clear and sad. The site is a pit of despair. Fear rules it. Anyone that brings hope in is quickly squashed. Why are they doing this? They appear at first glance to be so helpful. They are wolves in sheep's clothing.

I started my own site with my own tips and things I've learned. I'm not making anything off of it, I just want to help people that are suffering.

http://paxilwithdrawals.webs.com/

Anonymous said...

I c annot get to your site
Divalee

Anonymous said...

Hello I am trying to join your group...I copied and paste your link but could not successfully join.

I was with PP and was banned today because I spoke up to the moderators...they are very rude and non caring...So I found you and hopefully I can join your group
thank you
Divalee the Diva before my name is to let people know I am female so if you just want to call me Lee it is fine

None said...

The administrator at PP is extremely rude, opinionated and never allows anyone to speak their mind. I was recently banned.

This person thinks they know more about your life in one finger than you and all the years of struggle with meds and or getting off of them.

They're anti-drug fanatics as well and don't believe ANY medication can ever help people.

dumgoyne said...

Hi everyone


Whilst Banned In The USA encourages as many Paxil forums, to the benefit of millions of users worldwide, Paxil Progress proved without doubt, that it was fundamentally flawed to it's core, following the departure of Darcy Baston, it's originator.
Treatment of members was quite frankly, verging on patronising and dangerous at times. To question and put down Members on a daily basis was tantamount to the opposite of a help forum. A small but extremely toxic clique within PP, abused their position of trust. Over many years, bannings were regular, if you disagreed with Administrator sarcasm and counter theory. Put down and user symptoms questioned as Paxil orientated, were their order of each day!!! Put simply, Paxil Progress became a joke to those that noticed change, but also dangerous to Paxil users, in desperate need of caring, empathetic advice.
That said, hundreds of well meant " in tune:" member advisors, did what they could, helping so many Paxil users. Farting against the wind comes to mind, when every word was being questioned by those with influence, at the helm. To fellow Paxil users, REJOICE!!! PP may have been THE go to forum of choice, LONG AGO!!. Remember, this site was THE global leading forum. Beam me up Scotty changed that forever, when her ego took over. In closing, being unanswerable as she was, is a version of giving someone enough rope to hang themselves!!! Think that's about right in her case. Thanks for the memories Scotty, don't get too depressed though will you, we wouldn't wan't you put on an SSRI for the first time would we!!!
Rest in peace PP.. Plenty of great alternatives for members looking for a new caring arm round their shoulders!!

dumgoyne said...

If this page can be of any assistance to those who are looking for somewhere as an alternative to PP, we will do what we can to advise.

dumgoyne said...

Interested to read everyone's thoughts on PP's demise?

Lem said...

I just found this page while searching for the long lost PP page... two years after quitting Paxil, I'm still suffering from the effects of that damn drug, but I'm now terrified to try anything else. Where do I go from here?

Lem said...

I just found this page while searching for the long lost PP page... two years after quitting Paxil, I'm still suffering from the effects of that damn drug, but I'm now terrified to try anything else. Where do I go from here?